Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Laundry Soap

Read a review of my all natural body soap at Raising Mighty Arrows
Check out all the soaps Ioffer Homemade Natural Soaps

What does laundry soap and homemade soap have in common?  Well if you suffer from allergies or skin irritations you know what you wash your clothes in matters.  Most homemade clothes soaps use Fels-Naptha or Ivory.  Both are pretty strong smelling.  You can use homemade soap!  I make a nice one with a lime bar and it is so light and gentle you can use it to wash baby clothes in.  So I share my recipe and you can substitute any homemade soap you find agrees with your skin type.  I make a really gentle Honey N Oats with no added scent too!

In a big pot boil 6 cups of water.  Add 1 whole grated bar of soap of choice here.  Stir until dissolved.

Add 1 cup Borax & 1 cup Washing Soda (not baking soda). Stir until dissolved.

In a big 5 gallon pail add 6 cups boiling water and the soap in the pot.  Add to that 2 1/2 gallons of warm tap water.  Stir and let sit overnight. 


Become a follower and keep up on all soap varieties when they are ready!


Links
A Little Bit of Spain in Iowa
A Wise Woman Builds Her Home
Like A Bubbling Brook
Strictly Homemade

5 comments:

Julie said...

I've never made my own detergent. How is the expense and how does it clean. I've also never made soap.

Hen N Chicks said...

It is much cheaper than store bought. I have not figured it out by the gallon as the reason I am making it is not really cost. I want a good no chemical laundry soap. It does clean well. When the whited need a brightner I do use Oxyclean or baking soda & vinegar. Thanks for asking!

Any time you are ready to try how wonderful all natural soap is remember me ;)

Raising Mighty Arrows said...

I'll have to keep this in mind. Thanks for sharing.

Are you letting your recipe out on your bar soap or is that top-secret?! :)

Elizabeth said...

How much do you use?

Tom & Angela said...

Great question! Sorry :/

I have 4 guys in the house so we have really dirty, stinky clothes so I use a good 1/2 cup.