Saturday, May 14, 2011

Honey N Oats


Saponified ORGANIC oils of coconut, palm, sunflower & sweet almond oil.
Raw unfiltered Indiana honey, naturally sourced beeswax, organic fresh ground oats.
Average weight 5 oz
$3.50 a bar

This is the first soap recipe I made.  My children and I were tested for allergies and found out that we are all sensitive to milk (yes, even raw) and wheat.  I began trying to eliminate these things from our diet.  I also began to research alternative things to use for our body care regimen to help our immune systems get a break to repair themselves.  At this same time I started menopause and I started having breakouts on my chin and neck.  I had been a faithful user of Dove sensitive soap for many years and I began to notice it just wasn't helping with my acne.  I was told by a friend about a company who made a face soap with a 0 on the EWG scale.  I tried them and loved their soaps.  I started buying them and had my teenage son start using them and he noticed a difference.  At the time I was paying $6 for a 3.5 oz bar but over the next few months they increased the price to $8 a bar.  Plus I was paying $10 for shipping from California.  We were also hooked on Dr. Bronner's Peppermint bar for the bath.  So we were spending alot on soap and shipping.  I am always trying to figure out how to do the things we do better or for less money so I began to read about soap making.  Would you believe with our recent move God placed in my life a friend I knew from a while back who made soap!  We talked and talked and I read more and read more.  Made my first order of essential oils, bought oils, made it to Menard's to buy lye, round up my spare pots and measuring cups, watched a few videos and made my first batch of soap.  I went by the ingredient list of the face soap I was using.  It wasn't as creamy but when I washed my face, nothing happened.  No break outs, no burning just fresh soft clean skin.  I was hooked from that first bar of soap. 

I have since made a batch of Cocoa Mint to replace Dr. Bronner's and several other favorites like Lavender Castile and Cocoa Butter & Almond.

I hope you will try my handmade soap and fall in love with the quality and love that goes into each batch. 

1 comment:

Jills Home Remedies said...

I love this soap for my face!!!
~Jill
www.jillshomeremedies.com